So let's review the changes shall we? I won't mention all the bugs and visual changes and instead I'll just focus on gameplay, heroes and items.
GAMEPLAY UPDATE 6.81
* Roshan base armor increased by 1
Since 1 armor = 6% more protection against phyiscal attacks this means Roshan is roughly 6% slower to bring down, not exactly a big change and won't really affect anything except really close teamfights in the Roshan pit.
* Attack Speed now always continually adjusts based on the latest modifications applied to the unit
Ahhh this is quite interesting, what it does is let's say a hero has been slowed and attacks once every 3 seconds now, the duration of the attack speed slow lasts for 4 seconds, before he'd attack once in 4 seconds, have 1 second left of attack and that one second makes his entire next attack also take 3 seconds, essentially being similar to a 6 second attack speed slow, hope that was easy to understand.
To put it more simply all attack speed slows have been nerfed basically.
* Melee illusions created by a Rune of Illusion take 200% instead of 300% damage
Arguably the worst rune in the game has gotten better, Melee heroes seem to have quite a few advantages against ranged these days, with better usage of Manta, Basher and Heaven's halberd and now even Runes are more useful for Melee heroes than range, not bad.
* Aghanim's Scepter Borrowed Time now redirects 35% of all damage dealt to nearby allied heroes to Abaddon when active
Basically this means that Abaddon now provides Dispersion to all nearby allies and it's not something small like 400 Aoe, it's freaking 900 and that's just huge. Abaddon used to just have a longer duration Borrowed time but now it's pretty damn useful in all situations, it also means players will definitely want to get Aghanim as not only does it redirect damage back to the enemy but the returned damage also doesn't affect your allies, making everyone 35% tankier if they are close. This would also work wonderfully with Blade Mail and Spectre Dispersion.
Thing is though Aghanim isn't the cheapest item and that means Abaddon will be played as less of a support if players want to get Aghanim on him and it's too good to pass up.
Lastly because of how good Aghanim Abaddon is now Doom, Axe and Ancient Apparation will be very important if teams pick him up.
- Chilling Touch attack speed reduction increased from -15 to -20
- Mana Void's area of effect increased from 450 to 500
More AOE makes it easier to catch more enemies in it's effect = AM slightly better.
* Counter Helix now uses Pseudo Random chance
Here's the difference between True Random and Psuedo Random. True random means it's always 17% chance you will proc something, if it's proced 20 times in a row the 21st will still have a 17% chance, Psuedo random means each time it procs in a row the ability chance to happen lowers, example if it is 17% and axe spins, the chance he will spin on his next attack is 16% and if he does spin it goes down to 15% and so on until he doesn't spin on an attack and the chance goes back to 17%
It also works the other way, if Axe is attacked and doesn't Helix, it goes from 17% to 18% and continues to climb until Axe uses Helix, the benefit of Psuedo random is it makes heroes less likely to be luck based (Ogre Magi) and more likely to use any procing ability, Axe is more likely to Helix now if 5 attacks in a row don't get punished, he is also less likely to keep spinning on every hit.
Overall Axe is less luck based and will perform less randomly and become more consistent.
* Flaming Lasso mana cost increased from 150 to 225
What? even MORE nerfs to Batrider? I mean come on dude this guy has had way too many nerfs in the last what 5 patches at least? although to be fair despite the many nerfs Bat receives he never disappears from the competitive scene as he is still quite powerful, this nerf doesn't hurt so much though when you think about it, last patch Blink Dagger went from 75 mana to 0 and in this patch Lasso cost 225 more so overall Bat spends the same mana to blink+lasso as he did back in 6.79.
- Base damage increased by 4
- Bloodrage cast point improved from 0.6 to 0.4
- Bloodrage can no longer be dispelled
- Track cast range increased from 900/1050/1200 to 1200
- If you have not attacked for 10 seconds, your next attack will always activate a Drunken Brawler critical hit
- If you have not been attacked for 10 seconds, Drunken Brawler will cause you to evade the next attack
- Warpath no longer has unique values for the first movement speed stack
- Warpath movement speed stack bonus increased from 1/2/3% to 3/4/5%
Level 3 used to max out at 28% but now it's 35% ( 7 stacks x 5% MS) so it's not a huge change but it is a nice buff and makes Bristleback a little bit speedier, not that I like that at all because I already think the hero is too strong and buffing him more just makes him even more overpowered but that's just my opinion.
- Spiderling's Poison Sting damage per second increased from 4 to 8
- Spin Web's free pathing no longer deactivates when enemy has vision on Broodmother
- Spin Web's free pathing is now disabled for 3 seconds when Broodmother takes damage
- Insatiable Hunger lifesteal increased from 40/60/80% to 60/80/100%
Spin Web caused a lot of issues when it gave free pathing the first time, Ice Frog then changed it so that Brood cannot just run away if enemy see her but that made Brood Mother go back to being unused so now you get free Pathing so long as you don't take damage, if you get hit you can't run away and that seems fair for now, I'll have to play against Brood a few times but it's definitely better than when she had free pathing all the damn time.
More lifesteal on her ultimate is good, particularly now that level 1 has the same lifesteal as her old level 2.
- Hoof Stomp mana cost increased from 85/100/115/130 to 130
The big change here is that players will want to max out Hoof Stomp earlier now, you're paying 130 mana regardless of spell level so you might as well get more damage and stun time out of it, whether people will prioritize Hoof Stomp over Double edge is unlikely though.
- Phantasm now has a 50% chance to create one extra illusion when cast
- Penitence cooldown reduced from 14 to 14/13/12/11
- Death Pact cooldown reduced from 45 to 45/40/35
* Poison Touch no longer causes a ministun
Whenever Dazzle uses Poison Touch it ministuns the enemy when it first lands, interrupting channeling spells and teleports but that's no longer the case since the ministun has been removed so you can freely teleport when you see a Dazzle coming which is quite annoying but I suppose it's alright since having a spell that ministuns the enemy then stuns them again 2 seconds later (at level 4 Poison Touch) is a bit overpowered for Dazzle.
- Kinetic Field cooldown reduced from 14 to 14/13/12/11
* Doom damage no longer ignores magic shields
Ah so Doom used to go through anything that blocked magic damage, such as as Pipe, the question I have is does Apothic Shield absorb the Doom damage? I'm not sure of the mechanics there, I think Ember Spirit's Fire Guard would block Doom's damage as well but what other magic shield are there?
Repel doesn't count since it's a magic block spell so apart from Pipe, Apothic shield and Fire Guard are there no spells that absorb magic damage? I'm not even sure Apothic shield even counts in fact.
- Gust knockback duration increased from 0.2 to 0.5
- Stone Remnant recharge time reduced from 35 to 30
- Creeps no longer try to path around Fissure; they will wait for it to disappear
- Echo Slam no longer ignores units that are invisible or in Fog of War
Nice! Echo Slam now hurts everyone in it's radius regardless of how they hide or if they go invisible, this is beautiful and should have been a part of this hero a long time ago if you ask me but I'm glad it's finally here.
- Echo Stomp mana cost reduced from 100/115/130/145 to 100
- Echo Stomp physical and magical damage increased from 80 to 80/85/90/95 each
- Searing Chains duration reduced from 2/2/3/3 to 1/2/2/3
- Sleight of Fist bonus damage reduced from 30/60/90/120 to 20/40/60/80
The change to Chains is more important, firstly now players have to put in at least 2 points in Chains otherwise you get a 1 second disable that does 80 damage which is pathetic. And you can't just put 3 points either because at level 3 it still only disables for 2 seconds so you are forced to max Chains now, players who maxed Flame Guard rejoice, you have been relatively unhurt by these nerfs compared to players like me who liked to put 3 points in chains early and max out Fist, it may be time to adjust out skill build a little.
- Untouchable slow duration increased from 3 to 4
This change though is mostly for the mechanic of how attack slows work now which I talked about earlier, overall since attack slows in general have been nerfed this is a needed change to keep Untouchable a useful spell.
- Midnight Pulse area of effect increased from 400 to 600
- Base agility increased from 21 to 23
- Turn rate improved from 0.5 to 1
- Homing Missile now hits invisible units
- Homing Missile hits required to destroy increased from 3 to 3/3/4/5
This also introduces the idea of Gyrocoptor middle since I think any hero would have trouble bringing down Homing Missle early game and they can't dodge it either, of course Gyro has no escape mechanism and would be easily ganked but it's a possibility now to play him as mid.
- Burning Spears is no longer a Unique Attack Modifier
Nothing else apart from that, nobody will use Spears and Desolator..... right?
- Ghost Walk slow no longer affects magic immune enemies
- EMP delay increased from 2.6 to 2.9
The EMP delay now gives players a small window to blink out of it's range after Tornado but over time I think most players will be able to time it perfectly that this delay won't make too much of a difference.
- Dual Breath range increased by 50
- Liquid Fire level 4 cooldown reduced from 5 to 4
- Aghanim's Scepter Macropyre duration increased from 7 to 14
- Aghanim's Scepter Macropyre range increased from 1350 to 1800
This Aghanim change though, holy crap first everything about Macropyre has been doubled, it's duration goes from 7 to 14 and it's range goes from 900 (no aghanim) to 1800 with Aghanim and that's with the damage bonus Macropyre already gets. This makes base sieging quite a spectacle as you have 14 seconds of a huge fire path in the enemy base and it just makes team fights super tricky..... IF Jakiro can farm it that is.
- Base attack time improved from 1.6 to 1.5
- Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade: Provides permanent Spirit Form. Additionally, the following effects are active during the day: Keeper of the Light gains unobstructed vision and Illuminate heals allies for 75% of the damage values
- Torrent area of effect increased from 215 to 225
- X Marks The Spot can now last twice as long on allied heroes
- Ghost Ship allied buff duration increased from 8 to 10
- Add Ghost Ship AOE indicator for allies
Ghost ship AOE means allies will try to be in it to get the extremely useful buff it provides which now lasts even longer, Kunkka is going leave his Mark (heh heh) in the next international.
- Overwhelming Odds bonus damage per hero is increased from 14/16/18/20 to 20/35/50/65
- Overwhelming Odds area of effect increased from 315 to 330
- Overwhelming Odds base damage rescaled from 50/100/150/200 to 60/100/140/180
- Moment of Courage now uses Pseudo Random chance
Overwhelming Odds damage scale is so annoying now, heroes who get caught by it will definitely feel the hurt and if you can get 5 heroes that's an extra 325 damage, 505 total in a 330 aoe, it used to be 300 damage total if you hit 5 heroes and this is really annoying because this hero is strong enough as it is.
Moment of Courage has been changed to be more consistent, similar to Axe's Helix.
- Lightning Storm now slows its targets by 75% for 0.5 seconds
- Frost Armor can now be cast on buildings
- Aghanim's Scepter Chain Frost no longer has a bounce limit
Aghanim provides no bounce limit? hmm. ( WARNING VERY LOUD VOLUME, REDUCE BEFORE PLAYING VIDEO)
- Attack range increased from 650 to 670
- Aghanim's Scepter Laguna Blade damage goes through magic immunity
- Hex cooldown reduced from 30/25/20/15 to 30/24/18/12
- Spirit Bear health regeneration increased from 2 to 2/3/4/5
- Base agility reduced from 22 to 18
- Shapeshift no longer provides 100/200/300 bonus health
- Removed Skewer maximum target limit
- Skewer range increased from 600/800/1000/1200 to 750/900/1050/1200
- Split Shot reworked from 50/60/70/80% damage with 5 maximum targets, to 80% damage with 2/3/4/5 maximum targets
- Mystic Snake no longer requires Fog of War vision to bounce
- Mana Shield damage absorption per mana increased from 1/1.5/2/2.5 to 1.6/1.9/2.2/2.5
Mystic Snake hits fogged units if they are in range, I love that because I think spells should hit their target if they are within range and not miss just because a hero is hiding behind a tree.
Mana Shield scales better now especially at level 1, 60% better so Medusa is not so easy to bring down early game anymore.
DrFrankVI: You wrote that you consider the Split Shot weaker since it hits less units now (in exchange for more damage from level 1). Mathematically you are right, but this is a buff IMO because you won't be using Split Shot in earlier skirmishes, and even if you do use it the 250% damage isn't noticeable because she won't have any damage at that point. Early game you want to do a lot of damage to one or two targets, not minuscule damage to their whole team. It helps a lot with farming, hitting 2 creeps (talking about jungle/Ancients here, not necessarily lane) with 80% damage is a lot better than hitting 5 creeps (few camps have that many, most are 2 or 3) for less. Still, I don't play Medusa a lot so it's just my opinion.
- Base movement speed increased from 305 to 315
- Sacred Arrow vision reduced from 800 to 650
- Mirror Image illusion damage dealt reduced from 30/35/40/45% to 20/25/30/35%
- Rip Tide area of effect reduced from 350 to 320
- Rip Tide negative armor no longer goes through magic immunity
- Heartstopper Aura area of effect increased from 1000 to 1200
- Reaper's Scythe now adds +30% duration to the respawn timer
- Darkness now also affects the vision of buildings
- Impale cooldown increased from 11 to 13
- Impale can no longer be blocked by Linken's Sphere
- Base armor increased by 1
- Cast animation improved from 0.56 to 0.45
- Purification area of effect increased from 225 to 240
- Repel no longer removes positive buffs from allies
- Guardian Angel duration increased from 5/6/7 to 6/7/8
- Aghanim's Scepter Guardian Angel duration increased from 5/6/7 to 8/9/10
Guardian angel used to last 9 seconds and we're close to approaching that now, the buff to all levels is nice but most noticable at level 1 when the mana cost is still not too high and since GA will be kept at level 1 for a long time, lastly the Aghanim buff.... wow no one can base race against Omni anymore, 10 seconds of global protection for buildings and they regenerate as well? Aghanim is now almost a core for Omni Knight.
- Stifling Dagger cooldown reduced from 8 to 6
- Blur evasion chance increased from 20/25/30/40 to 20/30/40/50
Blur had a weird scaling didn't it? +5 evasion for level 2 and 3 then you get +10 but now you get 10 evasion per level and you dodge half of all physical attacks aimed at you, PA's health points are going to be very deceptive now since she will be dodging a lot of incoming attacks, making her far tankier than she seems.
- Icarus Dive cast point extended from 0.01 to 0.2
- Fire Spirits damage reduced from 15/35/55/75 to 10/30/50/70
- Fire Spirits health cost increased from 15% to 20%
Does Phoenix need to be nerfed though? I think he is still banned from Captain mode so I haven't seen him in any professional game but his Pub performance is just decent so far so I don't see him as a hero who needs nerfs.
- Decrepify mana cost reduced from 100 to 60
- Nether Ward duration increased from 25 to 30
- Shadow Strike cooldown reduced from 20/16/12/8 to 16/12/8/4
- Shadow Strike cast range increased from 400 to 435
- Strength gain increased from 1.7 to 2.3
- Unstable Current slow duration increased from 0.4/0.8/1.2/1.6 to 0.5/1/1.5/2
- Backstab now works when attacking allied units
- Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade: Demonic Purge cooldown replaced with two charges that have a 40 second replenish time
- Requiem of Souls' secondary debuff now affects magic immune units
- Agility growth increased from 2.1 to 3.0
- Curse of the Silent cooldown reduced from 20/18/16/14 to 20/16/12/8
Curse of the Silent has always felt a bit too easy to remove for most heroes so reducing it's max cooldown by 6 seconds makes it decently spammable in a fight and enemies will have to try hard to keep removing multiple Curses, I like this change very much but it does mean I will have to consider changing my build a little as I prefer to max out Last Word myself, not sure I will stick to that from now on or not.
- Base movement speed increased from 315 to 325
- Concussive Shot damage increased from 50/100/150/200 to 60/120/180/240
* Fixed Sniper's acquisition range not matching his maximum attack range
This seems like more of a bug fix than a patch change but regardless Sniper's acquisition range has been fixed, acquisition range is similar to casting range, when someone enters in the AOE of the casting range you are able to cast a spell on them, same with sniper his attack range may have been 950 but if his Acquisition range was only 800 then he had to wait till people got within 800 range of him before he could attack them.
- Nether Strike cast range increased from 400/550/700 to 700
- Nether Strike cooldown rebalanced from 75 to 80/70/60
- Base damage increased by 6
* Psionic Trap sub-ability now has the same cast point as the ability on the trap itself
Using the slow from TA apparently was slower than just activating the trap by itself, now it's the same ability so Templar Assasin has no casting time for using the Trap Sub-Ability which is.... nice I suppose?
- Strength gain reduced from 1.9 to 1.4
- Reflection slow no longer persists through magic immunity
- Reflection duration rebalanced from 5 to 2.5/3.5/4.5/5.5
Reflection no longer slows Magic Immune heroes and scales better rather than just a flat 5 second duration, I'm happy he's gotten nerfed but I would have liked to see his Illusion spell weakened more so than Reflection, still a step forward at least.
- Anchor Smash damage reduction increased from 40 to 60%
- Anchor Smash now works on Ancient creeps
60% Damage reduction, that's more than half of heroe's damage and the debuf lasts what, 6 seconds right? good luck handling that, it's a 50% increase in Anchor Smash effectiveness and that's just scary.
- Heat Seeking Missile is no longer blocked by Ethereal
- Craggy Exterior stun duration rescaled from 1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75
- Melee Whirling Axes cast point improved from 0.2 to 0
It does matter and quite a lot in some cases, now when he is in melee form and chasing his enemy Troll won't pause for a fraction of a second to use his Whirling Axes, is it a big game changer for troll? no not really but it is something that you'll notice.
- Reworked Snowball into a two-part ability: one which creates the snowball, and a sub-ability to launch the snowball. You have up to 4 seconds to use the sub-ability. The area that automatically pulls allies in has been reduced.
- You can now load an ally into your snowball within 400 range by right clicking on them
- Snowball moves 75 MS faster for each allied hero inside it
- Snowball deals 20/30/40/50 extra damage for each additional hero in it
So basically you spin for up to 4 seconds in an area and you can add any nearby ally to the snowball, then you launch yourself to the target enemy and deal damage and stun them, it looks like it's a much better ganking spell now than it used to be and it does more damage if you have allies in the ball with you, I'm not sure I like the time it takes to "charge" the snowball though but apart from that it definitely looks like it's a buff.
- Soul Rip area of effect increased from 975 to 1300
- Tombstone Zombie Deathlust's Max % health threshold increased from 5/10/15/20% to 20/25/30/35%
- Tombstone Zombies no longer give any experience or gold
- Tombstone Bounty increased from 70/90/110/130 to 75/100/125/150
- Flesh Golem's Plague Aura now affects magic immune units
Soul Rip now has a bigger AOE for when it searches for nearby allies and enemies to count so it's much easier to get higher heals/nukes, good change but Tombstone's changes are more impressive, first the threshold change finally is much higher, at 5% life it was very unlikely that zombies would ever get Deathlust but now it's 20% at level 1 and goes all the way up to 35% which is quite a lot of life.
Zombies no longer give any gold or Exp so no more Tomb farming like the old days when Alchemist would drop an Acid Spray or Bristleback would spam his Quills and get a lot of gold, in exchange the Tomb itself does give slightly more gold but it's nothing compared to zombie farming. Lastly his ultimate affecting Magic Immune heroes should have been there a long time ago, although it does make me think that a lot of effects this patch go through Magic immunity so BKB has really been nerfed now hasn't it?
- Fury Swipes is no longer a Unique Attack Modifier
She really suits her name now doesn't she? Vengeful spirit when killed now applies an aura to her killer, this aura reduces their damage based on the level of her damage aura, so at max level if Vengeful Spirit is killed enemy heroes will do 36% less damage and that's a game changer, particularly if VS is on the weaker team or if you're facing a lot of Physical DPS.
If the enemy is stronger it's better to lower their damage than increasing allies or if your team has someone like Obsidan destroyer and the enemy team uses Phantom Assasin then it's also better to lower PA's damage than increasing OD's.
- Grave Chill cooldown increased from 10 to 16/14/12/10
- Shadow Word duration increased from 9 to 11
- Upheaval cooldown reduced from 50 to 50/46/42/38
Upheaval now scales in cooldown to encourage players to add more points to it, I think a lot of players dislike this spell but it's getting better, it's had it's cast range improved last patch and now has a lower cooldown so it's definitely getting better and better if not already worth maxing out right after Bonds and Shadow Word.
- Activating Windrun now disjoints incoming attack projectiles
- Aghanim's Scepter Focus Fire damage reduction decreased from -50/-40/-30 to -30/-15/0, and no longer has special rules for procs
- Maledict cooldown reduced from 35 to 20
- Death Ward base attack time improved from 0.25 to 0.22
Death Ward buff is relatively minor the Ward simply attacks faster leading to more damage, spell does around I think 13% more damage over all I believe, somewhere around that number, it's just slightly over 10% and it's not a big deal since half the time WD can't channel the spell long enough for the extra speed to make much of a difference but if he can then yeah players will notice Death Ward is scarier now.
- Mortal Strike damage ratio increased from 1.25/1.75/2.25/2.75 to 1.5/2/2.5/3
- Base armor reduced by 1
- Arc Lightning cast point improved from 0.4 to 0.2
- Lightning Bolt true sight range reduced from 900 to 750
- Lightning Bolt flying vision range reduced from 1000 to 750
- Lightning Bolt can now be cast on the ground, affecting the closest enemy hero in a 250 range
Zues now has 2 methods to scout the map, one with his ultimate and Bolt can be used as well on any area, it's both a damaging nuke and a scouting tool now and Zues ought to make a comeback soon into the competitive scene, he really has some of the highest burst damage in the game right now.
Oh and free dewarding, if you think a ward is somewhere then just Bolt the ground near it and BAM, you can easily deward, for free. Noice! especially since I am pretty sure that Zues is currently the only hero in Dota who can see enemy Wards without needing sentries or a gem to do so.
- Ground Courier respawn time reduced from 180 seconds to 140 seconds
This fits in with the latch patch's change to ground Courier, you can sometimes see a support camping between the Tier 2 and Tier 1 tower in hopes of catching the courier when it delivers items in the first 3 minutes, most of the a bottle for the mid lane hero and if the courier gets caught during that time then mid lane is almost definitely lost and this doesn't really solve that but it's just 40 less seconds of losing mid lane. Then again do you really need to buff ground Courier when you have mad juking skills?
- Bloodpact heal increased from 400 HP + 30 HP/charge to 500 HP + 30 HP/charge
I do not know why but I never notice Bloodstone's heal for some reason, it just never occurs to me that if someone holding Bloodstone dies we get healed and who knows maybe this helps make the heal even more noticable, it's a bonus 100 hp heal no matter what and since you start with 6 charges when you buy bloodstone that means you automatically get a 680 hp heal if you die with Bloodstone, not bad at all.
- Mana regeneration from 100 over 30 seconds to 135 over 40 seconds
Roughly the same rate of Mana regen provided as before at about 3.3 mana regen per second but now you get an extra 35 mana more for an extra 10 seconds of being forced to play careful and not take hits. A 100 mana seemed kind of small when you think about it so a bonus 35 is very nice but I wish it didn't recover at such a slow rate, 10 seconds is a long time in the game and a lot of ganks and counter ganks would benefit from faster mana regeneration. Useful if you use it while travelling between lanes though as you have the time to spare then.
- Cyclone now deals 50 damage to enemy units when they land
- You can now cast Cyclone on yourself while you are magic immune
The point of the 50 damage isn't to grab kills or even to deal damage, it's to stop Blink Dagger from being used when enemy heroes land, before you would Cyclone someone with Euls, they float in the air and when they land they can immediately blink away thanks to the 2.5 seconds of invulnerability provided by cyclone, not so anymore.
The self-cast of Cyclone while being magic immune seems kind of pointless to me, not because I think it's a weak buff or anything but I can't think of many heroes who get both BKB and Eul's sceptor, perhaps Obsidan Destroyer maybe?
- Mirror Image now resets the current attack and spell targeting priority
When players used their Illusion producing abilities the newly made illusions would simply continue targeting the same targets that the player was focusing on before the illusions were created, this saved players time and effort as you don't need to manually click on illusions and ask them to focus on the same target as the main hero, this change removes that from all illusion producing abilities and Manta Style so using illusions is a bit harder now. So yeah Illusions no longer copy the original anymore, making videos like the one below impossible now :(
- Chain Lightning damage reduced from 160 to 150
- Static Shock area of effect is now centered around the unit with the Static Charge, rather than around the attacker
- Fixed Chain Lightning not functioning properly when it procs while a previous proc is still bouncing
While not used very much in the both the Competitive and the Pub scene, Mjollnir is a very strong item and got a bit of a nerf this patch, the lowered damage for Chain Lightning won't be changing much at all but Static Shock now no longer makes the attacker the focus, this is kind of a big deal and means that range heroes who are grouped together won't have to worry so much about that allies procing Static Shock anymore.
The change to Chain Lightning means that it can proc while other bounces are happening making it very useful for extremely high attack speed heroes.
- Necronomicon Warrior's movement speed rescaled from 330/360/390 to 350
- Necronomicon units XP bounty increased from 59 to 100/150/200
A nerf to Rat Dota eh? the increased EXP bounty is well deserved, not fair that such a powerful creep to provide only 59 EXP, especially considering how much damage you could take from killing the Melee Necro.
Also the Melee creep has had it's Speed buffed for level 1 and reduced at level 2 and 3, not much at level 2 but the change for level 3 means Melee Necro's are unlikely to be faster than heroes now. Overall this is expected and so long as Necro DPS isn't reduced I am fine with whatever changes they get.
- Sharing wards with allies now requires a Control key override.
- Wards can no longer be placed in the fountain areas
Picture this scenario, you're lich and you just bought some lovely wards for the early game, Aaaah Wards, your ally Timbersaw says he wants to block top pull camp, "no problem Timber bro" so you click on your Observer Ward and click on Timber but oh shit, at the last minute he uses Timber Chain for some ungodly reason and oh double shit, you just warded the ground he was standing on, screw you Timbersaw.
Now that won't happen ever again, you can't Ward the Fountain area to begin with and sharing wards requires you to hold CTRL and won't let you plant wards only share them with allies, thank god for this change because I am sick of being terrified my allies might move a quarter inch and cause me to ward the base and get insulted for the next 30+ minutes for it.
Best Dota Change 2014.
- Pipe health regeneration reduced from 11 to 8
- Pipe now provides Insight Aura, which grants 4 health regeneration to nearby allies
- Pipe's active buff is no longer dispellable
Pipe provides 3 less regeneration to it's wielder but now has a 4 HP regen aura so that's a net gain of 1 Regen for Piper holders and an aura for your allies, it's nice but making Pipe's buff no longer Dispellable means it can no longer be purged off or removed by spells such as Blood Rage, this is a good buff.
- Cripple ability cooldown reduced from 12 to 10
I know Rod of Atos is a great item, it provides a ton of life and Intelligence with a great slow at a very low cost, and yet.... nobody uses it.
This item has gotten nothing but buffs since it's introduction and yet players would either go cheaper and get a Force Staff or save money and get a Hex, Atos is great but it's stuck between two superior items and I hope this change makes players finally buy it.... although I don't think I will myself despite how buffed this item has gotten.
- HP bonus increased from 325 to 350.
- Cripple cooldown reduced from 16 to 12.
- Cast range increased from 800 to 1200.
- Slow increased from 50% to 60%.
- HP bonus increased from 250 to 325.
- Cooldown decreased from 20 to 16.
- Hexed units' base movement speed increased from 100 to 140
As I just mentioned about Rod of Atos, it's stuck in Hex's shadow and therefore Scythe of Vyse must be weakened a little to the point where Atos is worth considering, 40 movement speed is nothing and people do not get Hex for the slow (although it is a part of the package) so this change doesn't do much but we can expect more, perhaps a higher Cooldown in the future, that would make me consider taking Atos.
- Fade no longer requires the target to remain stationary
When you cast Fade you can still move around but once invisible you still have to stay put or lose your invisibility, considering that the Fade time is 1.5 seconds that won't really allow you enough time to move far enough from Sentry or Dust range I believe so while it's a buff it's mostly worthless I think, I could be wrong though.
- Shadow Walk duration increased from 12 to 14
Definitely needed, when Shadow walk cooldown went up from 22 to 30 seconds it's duration had to be buffed, 18 seconds of being visible with no chance of using Shadow Blade made it quite unreliable, no longer can you cast Shadow Walk, engage an enemy then run away, you still can't do that now but it's getting there.
- Added an option to require a halt command to in order to cancel a Town Portal Scroll
A change more geared towards new players yet we all make this mistake where we teleport somewhere and we cast a spell only to realize we never finished the channeling time for teleporting and now we're stuck in fountain and have to walk all the way to the top Tier 1 tower while watching our team get killed, you can't accidentally cancel teleports anymore by walking or casting spells only by Halting it manually can you stop teleporting, another very nice change.