Tuesday 8 October 2013

Naruto 650 review


Hello everyone and welcome to this very early review for a big chapter for Naruto. While not huge in terms of story this chapter is huge as it marks the 650th chapter of Naruto, how impressive is that?

While last chapter wasn't much in terms of story, this week was quite a big improvement over what we had the last 3 weeks really, very glad all that build up led to something at last.

The chapter begins with a montage showing all the shinobi charging into Obito, which turns out to be quite weird cause we don't see any of these guys after this panel at all, so while it's a nice looking page it really doesn't amount to much ( yet) then again in every Shounen if you see a group attacking one thing, whether it's a person or some sort of monster, you can bet that it will be unhurt, god knows why.

What a battle cry.
I do enjoy what the Kages do this chapter a lot, Tobirama asks Minato to link his chakra to the Alliance as well so he can teleport people at will and this saves a bunch of fodder later on. Another interesting thing the Kages do is have Tsunade summon what is apparently 1/10 of the Katsuya body, now I wonder if until now they were summoning all of katsuya or if it's been a miniature version all this time but either way this thing is able to cover the battlefield enough to heal all the Shinobi there.

Still I think Hiruzen does the coolest thing of all by simply asking Orochimaru if he is going to watch or fight. Orochimaru fits the perfect definition of chaotic neutral to me as he cares for nothing and no one but himself and loves to see " windmills turn" but should Obito succeed that would mean the end of his dream ( which remember is to be the perfect being AKA god) so he joins the fight. Personally I still think he will posses someone by the end of the story, either Sasuke ( unlikely) or the Jyuubi ( possible but also far-fetched)

How did two random fodder reach the tree before anyone else?
Now to talk about the fight with Obito, firstly I like how it's almost time for the dream world to arrive, Not sure how accurate that will be but maybe 2-3 more chapters? either way it's the alliance's fault for needing 3 speeches to move their asses and fight. Secondly I am a bit bothered by how the fight with Obito is proceeding so far.


Now when Gamakachi used Senjutsu in his oil it basically melted his shield, yet here he is able to withstand two incredibly powerful sage techniques, how does that work exactly? I mean they finally found his weakness and suddenly it's not there anymore? did he use his Rinnengan to absorb the chakra? shouldn't he be suffering from something right now? Didn't Naruto land a sage Rasengan on him earlier? it's like Obito is completely invincible right now.

We go back to a scene of Kakashi in the other dimension and first I gotta wonder why he isn't just rejoining the fight, I love the guy but he is just sitting around and talking to himself this chapter while Obito continues to rage outside. Still his thoughts are even more foreshadowing to an Obito change of heart somehow, we have had a lot of those with how insistent Obito is on listening to Naruto and asking for his opinion so it just seems like this is more fuel for that idea, I don't think it should happen but it seems Kishi is pushing for that.

After losing their chakra and sage techniques due to some epic skydive by Obito, Naruto is asked again why he keeps fighting and he simply says because he never gives up. Now that sounds epic and all but also incredibly stubborn, why not say you don't give up becasue you fight for what's right? or to protect people? or something noble? saying " I don't give up because...I...dont...give up, dattebyo!" sounds kinda empty to me.

Anyways chapter ends with a really cool fusion of Susanoo and Kurama's chakra clock that will hopefully lead to some interesting power-ups for the lead duo.


Predictions.

Hmm let's make guesses for the future and see what happens.

1- I like this mixture of Kurama clock and Susanoo since we first saw something like this before with Madara when he controlled the Kyuubi, somehow I feel like we will see that as well and it will be even stronger than what Naruto and Sasuke are currently fusing.

2- Still have my doubts on Orochimaru because... he's orochimaru? Guy is unpredictable and always fascinating to watch.

3- I think we will see the 8 gates being unlocked soon, it's almost the end of the manga and it hasn't happened yet plus it just seems likely to me since Gai said he would do it when he and Kakashi fought the tailed beasts. I hope we see it.
Ratings.

I enjoyed this chapter quite a lot, good amount of action and story as well made for a very entertaining read, I do admit I am confused on why Sasuke and Naruto's attack on Jyuubito failed, it may have been because of the rinnengan but I would have liked it to be explained at least instead of making us guess how he did that, plus I want Kakashi back in the story. Still I enjoyed seeing the Kages plan what to do as well as the fusion of Kurama/Susanno and for that I give this chapter a 3.5 out of 5.
Quotes.
"I'd rather make a new memory and go forward. Not rethink old decisions or think about the past as much as possible. LOL you know I've always had this theory that Kishimoto has alzheimers and he thinks that the fans are on his level. "Gotta remind em all!!!" -Ash Kishem"  - Tim maloney.

"Itachi that sly dog... casting Mugen Izanami weeks before without anyone noticing it.
As expected from the greatest shinobi.
And I blamed Kishi for this poor repetitive writing." -syx.



16 comments :

  1. I think he's putting more effort now than when Gamakichi attacked him, Because, you know, Gamakichi is a summon while Naruto and Sasuke are his biggest enemies..

    The dragons of wood coming from the tree reminds me of the Metarex of Sonic X.


    Orochimaru is going to possess a Sasuke weakened by the fight with Obito and then he will try to become the jinchuuriki of Juubi/Shinju.
    8 gates is going to pulverize MADARA. Seriously, there's no much targets left and and stopping Obito and three is the job of Sasuke and Naruto. The flower? Still is the job of Sasuke and Naruto

    What's Madara is doing offscreen?

    PS: If you think that the 8 gates will not work in Madara, I have to ask if you have seen in action to know that will not. also, Hashirama already defeated Madara in the past. And one of the more ancient rules of shonen is "what worked once, no longer works."


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But isn't there a massive difference in power between the summon and Naruto and sasuke? they should at least dent him with something that huge.

      Oh I am really hoping we see 8 gates and I know it would be awesome, in fact I completely agree with your shounen logic and half the time the bad guy can't be defeated by the same good guy twice so I am pretty sure it won't be Hashirama who defeats Madara ( or at least not by himself).

      Delete
  2. I'm wondering where is Madara. Any ideas on that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the only Hashirama we saw this chapter is a clone ( no sage eyes) we have to assume Madara is busy with the real Hashirama, it's all he wanted from the start anyways.

      Delete
  3. I agree with your review once more a great review. A couple things bothering me though, like how can obito still be in jinjuriki mode and have the ten tails become the tree. When naruto/bee become tailed beasts they don't seperate because they are one. I will be quite annoyed if they make orochimaru become a good guy or have obito change his mind and settle down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if I had to make a guess I think it's somewhat similar to Naruto and the two Kuramas, if Kurama can split into 2 beings and make them both Jincuriki then maybe it's possible for Obito to use a part of the ten tails to make the tree and keep another part in himself, far fetched theory I know but possible.

      And it kinda seems like Manga is heading towards Obito beeing a good guy and probably Madara being the big bad, I'd hate that too cause Tobi was such an amazing character and to have him reduced to some guy who has a change of heart in the last second would destroy him ( even more than being revealed Obito has already).

      Delete
    2. I guess that is possible and your theory wouldn't be far fetched jut more annoying then cause that means not only has he split his strength he is even stronger now that he was earlier. And I agree i thought tobi was just a psycho to begin with who just enjoyed carnage (which i really enjoyed). Both obito and madara are cocky but not funny or entertaining just more of a ''Im better and thats that'' Where as orochimaru and tobi were cocky but calculating and they were entertaining. Obito should be killed by madara and in a twist orochimaru takes control of madara with the resurrection jutsu

      Delete
    3. I loved early Tobi as well when he was this goofy comic relief, when he revealed himself to be serious I thought that was crazy awesome as well, I mean some of his panels are just incredible like this is one of my favorite pictures in the manga.

      http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/404/17

      But now all he does is sprout nonsense and fantasizes about 13 year old girls, where was the well spoken amazingly manipulative Tobi? he just vanished with the mask and this is what we are left with and it's been pretty disappointing.

      Delete
    4. Yeah its like two different characters. Child obtio was awesome toby/obitowas awesome. This little emtionless wuss is pathetic.

      Delete
  4. I love your reviews, i literally move on to your reviews right after reading the chapter, its almost like the full experience is 2/3 chapter and 1/3 your review!

    we spoke earlier when it was your 22nd birthday and mine aswell.

    anyway i hate, hate, hate kishi's scale of power. All of a sudden we see a combination of sasuke's sage susano and the almost full chakra of the 9-tails yet they can't even scratch obito? it makes no sense to me in comparison to their powers earlier when naruto discovered sage power hurts obito.

    i definitely agree with a full on disappointment if obito gets a change of heart, orichimaru possessing the sage or kakashi ends up killin obito.

    one more thing.. why can't minato just give the other half to naruto already instead of lending powers? im sure something else will happen when naruto has both forms back into one. its taking too long :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you like them so much, I hope to keep writing them till Naruto ends so we got 350 chapters more together :D.

      Tell me about this power scaling, a rasengan with sage energy makes Obito bleeds and a little oil from the toad melts his shield but a Susanoo or 9 tailed attack with sage? gotta block dat shit bro!.

      Obito looks so close to a change of heart though, I just wonder who will do it, Kakashi? or will the dream world happen and Rin tell him " Tobi is a bad boy"?

      I think Kishi is trying to figure out how strong Naruto will be with full Kurama, I mean he is incredible just with half of him, how strong would he be with full Kurama and how would Sasuke keep up?

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great review dude. I agree with you on Obito's bullshit abilities and they're confusing me too. One chapter Naruto looked like a boss using Senjutsu and then Sasuke soon follows with Juugo's help. It seemed like Obito actually had a weakness, but it turns out he just entered in more cheat codes. I didn't care for Kakashi's monologue that much. Those pages could've been used for more SA attacks in my opinion. HOWEVER I liked the panel that shows Sasuke when Obito says "Your friends will betray you again." or something like that. Definitely a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I loved that too, I was like " how nice was it that he said friends will betray you while showing Sasuke?" thing is I am not sure if this is foreshadowing or not cause I really am unsure where Kishi will go with Sasuke now. I mean for years it was set up that Naruto will bring him back but then he meets Hashirama and is convinced by him instead so who knows?

      And screw Obito's weaknesses, dude got hit by a sage rasengan and apparently was weak to senjutsu but blocked 2 mega sage attacks this week.... yeah Kishi sure is consistent :/

      Delete
  7. I loved this review. I really think that if Obito does get a change of heart, it will be from Naruto and not Kakashi. Kakashi does look like he's ready to step in, but he may decide not to since he was the catalyst for Obito's anger in the first place. The fourth may steer clear too, once he notices Naruto may be able to change his heart. But I'll have to agree with the other comments on here, I really liked Obito with that mask on. He was deliciously evil. I guess now that only his true intentions are out in the open, they aren't exactly that impressive (wahhhh i hate my past merp) and maybe that's why he seems watered down and pathetic. Cuz everyone else's past is just as, if not more tragic

    I believe that, Madara will defeat Hashirama this time and then everyone's morale will drop drastically, in a last attempt to bring tsuki yo mi back on track. Or even, maybe Madara will be the one to take advantage of Orachimaru on the sly, (right as orachimaru is about to fight along side saru) to take the matter into his own hands. Orachimaru was responsible for this edo tensei right? I think Madara is definitely plotting something, which is why he hasn't exactly gotten a lot of panel time

    I don't know about you but Sasuke's still looking pretty ambiguous to me. What if in a fit of rage, he realizes he doesn't deserve the kage seat and turns on Naruto after they defeat obito? I can sorta picture him saying "Ha! there is no future for me any longer! I don't care what happens anymore. This whole war has left me drained, and my change of heart matters no more!!" Lol I know it's a stretch but this manga's kinda weird that way.

    I know this is sorta wishful thinking but I reeallly want Minato to stick around even after the war, and the edo tensei is probably released... maybe just to oversee Naruto's swearing in as the rokudaime(?) or nandaime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right since Naruto is the number one ninja at being a therapist instead of anyone else. Cannot compare how amazing Tobi was to how lame Obito is right now, everytime I saw tobi I got excited, now whenever Obito opens his mouth I start groaning.

      I agree with that statement, it's very like that Madara will beat Hashi this time since it's just shounen logic really. Madara still has a "trump card" he hasn't revealed yet.

      Sasuke has been ambiguous since he joined the Alliance and talked cryptic, his growth still hasn't finished yet and there is still more for him to do.

      Delete