Tuesday 22 October 2013

Naruto 652 review.



Hello everyone and welcome to this week's review for Naruto 652, last week I asked which of the rookie 12 girls has been the most impressive this war and the results were Sakura ( 14 votes) Hinata ( 9 votes) Ino ( 8 votes) and lastly Tenten with 3 votes ( !!!).

Personally while I understand how Sakura got the most votes I don't think she is more impressive than Ino who took up her father's place as the main means of communication for the entire Alliance, Hinata also got more votes than I think she deserves just because people think she is cute and likes Naruto, Tenten did use the tool of the Sage to take out Kakuzu's heart so that was kind of impressive.

Anyways let's talk about this week's chapter, for anyone who thought that Obito got cut in half or something like that because of last week's ending is wrong, the flashy stuff that we saw at the end of last week isn't blood or some sort of special effect by Kishi but instead it is the chakra of the Tailed Beasts inside Obito responding to Naruto who tries to pull them out exactly like he did with Kurama way back when this Shinobi World war started.


Unfortunately you can only play this tug of war game if you have the chakra of the Tailed Beast inside you, and while Naruto does have 7 of their chakras he's missing out on the One tail and Eight tails as well, kinda surprising that the tailed beast that likes Naruto the most ( Eight tails) hasn't given him any chakra. Also a lot of people like me were bothered when we saw the One Tail inside Naruto way back in chapter 629 which Kishi later said was a mistake and shouldn't have drawn that.

Without the chakra of all the Tailed Beasts Obito can't make his tree bloom, still find it hard to believe all this happens within 15 minutes but it seems Naruto can't drain the whole thing by himself, so we get a small pep talk from Shikimaru, same one we've heard about twenty times so far.

well mostly it's Naruto's power that is changing the world.
Notice how it's Ino transferring his thoughts to the whole Alliance? chick is badass, secondly the best part of his speech is how short it is, though I don't think a simple command like " Pull" needs a lot of instructions. I'd be very disappointed if this is all the Fodder end up doing by the way.

Naruto gets a glimpse of the life Obito has led and sheds a tear for him, I found this to be very emphatic of him, just because someone has done horrible things in the past does not mean that their suffering is something we should ignore or undermine. Too often people joke about how Obito's a wuss because he was in the friendzone and went crazy but it's more than that, dude saw the girl he loves get killed by his best friend and that can't be something you just shrug off and " move on".

Obito's life if Naruto came inside him.
We go deeper into Obito's thoughts after the entire Alliance helps Naruto pull out his Tailed chakra and see how he wants to be Hokage and accepted by everyone, nothing really new here but it is from a new perspective since usually it's Kakashi who says this, this time though it's Obito's thoughts and it was good to see this, too often people start hating the things and people they cannot have in life but it's just burying how we feel about things, and with his life pretty much flashing before his eyes Obito is full of regret for the path he took, oh well.

Chapter ends with Naruto saying he will take off Obito's mask which he said he would do before back when he was Tobi so it's slightly less badass this time, still kind of an epic ending to this chapter and way better than the usual nuclear explosions we get.
Predictions.
1- Obito is gonna get talk-no-jutsued so hard we won't have much time to be surprised by his change of heart, though really it was obviously coming from a long time ago when we see Kakashi and Minato talk about how much he has changed and the goodness in him, I dunno is anyone surprised by this development?

2- Well most likely Madara will be the main villain, not exactly much of a prediction but I do wonder if he will be the next Jinchuriki of the Ten tails? Actually what will happen to the Jyuubi in the future? assuming it is unsealed then what? if they kill the Jyuubi it can simply come back to life and if they seal it into someone they might go crazy, thoughts people?

3- Doesn't seem like we will have a dream world arc now does it? :/
Ratings.

This is a tough chapter to rate because while not much happens apart from the world's biggest tug-of-war match it still felt like a good chapter, weird since I just can't put my finger on why I liked this chapter this much, was it seeing Obito regret his life? or everyone working together to pull the Tailed chakra? the art was awesome as usual so I am not sure why I am giving this chapter a 3.5 out of 5 except because it just felt...good.
Quotes
"Lol, I just realized something pretty hilarious.

When Sasuke coats the Kyuubi in Susanoo armor, he states this is what Madara did once in the past. The only way he'd really know that is if Hashirama literally told him step by step what happened during their fight back during that flashback. And I think that's pretty funny.

Hashirama: "And then, he spit Bijuudama on the end of his swords! WHOOOOSH!!!! And he was throwing them at me! Pyerrrrn, pyerrrn! And after that, I made a giant thousand-handed wooden statue MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDADA!!"

Sasuke: O_O

hashirama: "And then it made a HUGE explosion and there was a giant crater! BABABABABA BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!! But then I pulled a rope-a-dope and shanked his ass! Wa-SHING!!"

Sasuke: "So... Kyuubi covered in Susanoo. Huh."    -ninjabot

"Finally we know the true reason why Kishimoto sacrificed Neji. Because there wouldn't be a free tail for him "   -joneleth


16 comments :

  1. I think this chapter couldve been covered in 4 pages, its a shame we waited an entire week for this. However i cant hate because we still got a bit further.

    We did see it coming that he woud have a change of heart. We were wishing it wouldnt appen but now we have 99% chance it would.

    I somehow think it wouldnt happen because we havent seen obitos reaction, its only his thoughts. There could be a twist... kishi youuuuuu.

    If madara takes over, then thats too much, hes not progressing for shit and i think obito is much stronger than madara.

    I laughed so hard at talk-no-jutsu and the hashirama story telling hahahah, good one!

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it moves the story a bit and doesn't feel like the usual filler of someone blowing up and nobody dying.

      Madara probably is the main villain though, Obito is switching soon and Madara still has his trump card remember.

      Delete
  2. Great chapter, Great review!!
    I think that in the end it'll be Orochimaru who'll became the main villain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really enjoyed this chapter. It didn't seem to over the place or rushed but rather something that had some continuity i.e. we have seen them pull out chakra, and the beasts give him the chakra. I also liked naruto's tear as it gave him the difference from all his evil counterparts he lets himself feel. Gaara, Pain and obito lacked emotion except hatred naruto's the opposite he feels for his enemy. However there is noway that taking that chakra out will end anything, the chakra has to go somwhere so i predict one of three things. 1. Naruto absorbs it all to take on madara in a one on one. 2. Madara jumps in with a devastating attack and takes the chakra and we see him and obito go at it. Shell vs chakra of the juubi. and 3rd (and one i hope for) orochimaru takes the chakra. (also didn't see the vote or I would have agree'd with ino my opinion the only thing sakura did was show she can use the forehead jutsu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wonder where the chakra will go to as well and where the Jyuubi is going to end up as. also the votes I post on another website where I submit my reviews and I just use the results here, I don't know how to make polls on my own blog, ironic no? :D

      Delete
    2. Otomo can you post link then cause after ive read naruto every week i come directly here haha

      Delete
    3. That's not a bad idea actually, I could link to the chapter here so people can read it again after the review, thanks thats a great suggestion :D

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed this week's chapter although i expected more and i also think Ino is more badass than any other female rookie in this war. I also enjoyed your madara-sasuke dialogue. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this week's chapter although i expected more and i also think Ino is more badass than any other female rookie in this war. I also enjoyed your madara-sasuke dialogue. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this week's chapter although i expected more and i also think Ino is more badass than any other female rookie in this war. I also enjoyed your madara-sasuke dialogue. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously I don't understand why people think that this 15 minutes will be the next "5 minutes to Naboo explode".
    First, because that thing was exclusive to the anime. In the manga, Toriyama made the fight run much more fast.
    Second, because they are 15 MINUTES. 900 SECONDS PEOPLE. You know how much time that is in a manga? 30 chapters, in the way that Naruto is running. I think we got to the mark of 4 minutes now.
    And now with people pushing the bijuus out of Tobi, the flower probably stopped.

    And third, Madara made a estimative and as far we know he have no source to support this. Just like we have no source about how much he know about Edo Tensei. I mean, Tobirama hated him. How he obtained that information? Unless he steal the information....

    If you think that is little, remember that this completely eliminates the tree as a factor and reduces Akatsuki to Tobi, a depowered Gedo Mazo (I'm not sure if that statue will even MOVE without bijuus inside him) and EDO MADARA........Hum, you know, will be still be hard, but at least they don't have to fight a second Sage of the Six Paths....

    When Naruto talked about taking off the "mask" of Obito, he reminded of two fragments of a poem by Fernando Pessoa, Tabacaria:

    "I AM NOTHING
    I shall never be anything
    I cannot wish to be anything.
    Aside from that,I HAVE WITHIN ME ALL DREAMS OF THE WORLD."

    "I MADE OF MYSELF OF WHAT I DID NOT KNOW WHO
    And WHAT I COULD DO OF MYSELF I FAILED TO DO
    The DOMINO costume that I wore was all wrong
    And I was immediately recognized as someone I was not and I did not deny it, and was lost.
    WHEN I TRIED TO TAKE OFF THE MASK
    IT WAS STUCK TO MY FACE.
    When I took it off and looked myself in the mirror,
    I had already grown old.,
    I had already grown old.
    I was drunk, and I no longer knew how to put on the costume that I had not taken off.
    I threw the mask away and slept in the dressing room
    Like a dog tolerated by the management
    Because it is harmless.
    And I am going to write this story to prove that I am sublime."

    More here: www.tabacaria.com.pt/portuguese/F_Pessoa/Tabacaria/Tabacaria.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still 15 minutes seems like a short time and it absorbed a lot of Chakra from the Alliance which should have sped the process up a lot.

      Technically Akatsuki also still has Zetsu right? was he killed or something? I remember the white one was burned by sasuke and the black one cut down by Choujiro but is that it?....huh.

      Not my kind of poem though I do enjoy the first 4 lines quite a bit :D.

      Delete
  9. Naruto- "I'm gonna be Hokage! Believe it!"
    Konohamaru- "I'm gonna be Hokage too!"
    Kiba- "I suck but I wanna be Hokage!
    Tsunade- "I'm proud to be Hokage!"
    Asuma- "Shikamaru you could be Hokage."
    Shikamaru- "Yeah I know but it'll be a drag.."
    Kakashi- "Welp looks like I'm about to be Hokage."
    Madara- "I could've been Hokage if it wasn't for that meddling Hashirama!"
    Sasuke- "....I'm gonna be Hokage..." *evil glare*
    Obito- "I should've been Hokage, wow really dropped the ball on that one."

    Ichiraku Ramen Guy- "Bitches please. I am the only Hokage."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly, I'm going to be Hokage, and secondly the world of Naruto might be a lot better if the title of Kage disappeared.

      Or at least Hokage since the other villages haven't been nearly as crazy.

      Delete